The city’s best dining, shopping, and entertainment can be found in Old Town, within walking distance of the Armstrong Hotel. We’ve created these itineraries so our guests can get familiar with Fort Collins and feel like a “local.”
Don’t know what to do but also don’t want to over-do it? Wander around town using this casual itinerary.
• Head across the street to Jeju
for sushi, a refreshing drink, and lounging around on a sunny patio.
• Check out a cruiser bike, pick up a map from the front desk, and take a tour of neighborhood gardens
• Scoot over to Red Table
for a mid-afternoon coffee or snack.
• Stop into some shops such as The Cupboard
, and White Balcony
• Head back to relax at the Armstrong
—check out a DVD player from the front desk or borrow a puzzle to bring up to your room.
Preview the map of neighborhood gardens in PDF format.
Fort Collins is a short drive away from the Poudre Canyon. Hotel guests can go all-out with their favorite mountain sports or take it easy with a drive along the winding Cache la Poudre river, which is Colorado’s first National Wild and Scenic river.
• Pick up a map and directions from the front desk.
• Grab a coffee from Mugs Coffee Lounge
and stop by the Mountain Shop
to load up on last-minute gear and supplies.
• Order breakfast burritos to go from La Luz
and head for the hills.
• Go rafting with Rocky Mountain Adventures
or take a fly-fishing trip with St. Peter’s Fly Shop
• At the end of the day, have a snack and catch a concert at Mishawaka Amphitheatre
, right along the banks of the Poudre River.
• Return to Fort Collins and order a late night dinner at the Crown Pub
Preview the Foothills day trip in PDF format.
Escape for a day and return to the simpler things in life with this rejuvenating itinerary
• Start your day people-watching from the sunny patio at Lucile’s
, or dine inside this beloved creole restaurant.
• Walk over to Old Town Farmer’s Market
for some browsing and taste-testing.
• Pick up a good used book at Matter Bookstore
, and head to Tasty Harmony
for a pot of tea and a light lunch.
• Book an appointment at Amara Massage
, or catch up with a spa session at Europa
• Go around the corner to Jay’s Bistro
for drinks, dinner, and live jazz.
Use this itinerary to plan your next anniversary, Valentine’s Day, or other special occasion.
• Book a honeymoon suite or a signature suite at the Armstrong and pair it with a Romance Package
. Settle into your room and relax in your bathtub, surrounded by rose petals, a martini glass filled with specialty chocolates, an assortment of bath products, and some extra touches throughout the room.
• Enjoy a couple’s massage downstairs at Amara Massage.
• Walk over to Canyon Chop House
for a special occasion dinner.
• Be Our Guest
and pick up your reserved complimentary tickets to a theatre production.
• End your evening with dessert and a specialty martini from The Chocolate Café.
An itinerary for history buffs and preservationists.
• Start your day at the Silver Grill
, the oldest restaurant in town. Ask to be seated at the original diner counter.
• Check out a cruiser bike and pick up a map from the front desk for a tour of Old Town’s ghost signs
and old neighborhood markets.
• Stop by the Avery House
for a guided tour of this restored Victorian home.
• Head for the Fort Collins Museum
and explore current exhibits, a collection of historic cabins, and the Local History Archive.
• Take a trip on the Fort Collins Municipal Railway Society’s fully restored original trolley
• If time allows, the visitor’s bureau in Old Town Square also offers a walking tour guide of the historic downtown area.
Preview the map of ghost signs and neighborhood markets in PDF format.
Grab a group of friends and use this itinerary for a night on the town!
• Order a Night on the Town
package and relax in your hotel room with a bottle of wine and an hors d’oeuvres tray of imported cheeses, meats, and olives.
• Get ready for a big night by visiting Body and Spa Rituals for a manicure, and The Parlour
for a new style.
• Spend a few hours viewing art during the First Friday Gallery Walk
• Go out for more fun at Elliott’s
or live music at Ace Gillett’s
• The next morning, call down to the front desk to order complimentary espresso drinks as part of your Night on the Town
Use this itinerary to plan your next get together downtown with the guys.
• Check in to your rooms and order a sampler of Fort Collins’ local
• Go to a CSU home game
, or pick up complimentary tickets from the front desk to a Fort Collins Foxes
• Celebrate your team’s win at the Rio Grande
, a Mexican restaurant lauded for its margaritas.
• Cross the street to the Trailhead Tavern
for classic bar snacks, beers, and a round of pool.
Mix business and fun in Old Town Fort Collins with this itinerary!
• Pick up a map at the front desk and wind-down with a brisk walk, run, or bike ride along the Poudre River trail
. Or, head to The Old Town Athletic Club
for an indoor workout or group class.
• Back at the hotel, visit Ace Gillett’s
for cocktails, dinner, and live music in a mellow, lounge atmosphere.
• Catch a late movie at the Lyric Cinema Café
Preview a trail map in PDF format.
Fort Collins is well-known for its craft- and micro-breweries. Make sure to visit them all using this itinerary.
• Check out a cruiser bike from the front desk and pick up a map to review over a hearty breakfast at Choice City
• Take tours and visit the tasting rooms at New Belgium
, Odell Brewing Company
, and the Fort Collins Brewery
• Have dinner at Coopersmith’s
, a brewpub with a large patio, pool tables, and growlers for sale.
Preview the brewery tour in PDF format.